Thursday, August 28, 2008

Check it out!


Hi everyone. I just watched Barack Obama's acceptance speech, and I just want to urge everyone who didn't get a chance to watch it to check it out on his website or youtube or wherever you can find it online. I've been watching the DNC all week and I'll say this because I am not running for office and don't fear backlash from you guys, but this week was the first time I've felt patriotic in my adult life. We've seen how bad leadership in this country can quickly destroy everything ] that America was built to represent and I think it's important for all us to know that it really is up to us to not let that continue to happen or we may not be able to fix it. Not to be dramatic, it's just what I've been thinking about this week while watching the DNC. Now I have to decompress, maybe I will eat some ice cream and watch the hills or something :) In other news I'm looking forward to testie toss and ribs this Sunday! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Lychee said...

God Bless America and Teste Toss!

Alex said...

True dat, Jos. Nice post.

I'm excited for my introduction to these tossed testes everyone adores so much!

Jinnie said...

I caught the speech last night too and it really was great. I also checked out his voter history to confirm my appreciation for his politics. I really feel positively that he can make a great leader and I'd love to give it a shot!