Saturday, September 1, 2007

Work in the NICU


Yesterday we had a 26 week preemie baby. He was 14 weeks premature, so young that by just looking, it was ambiguous whether it was a boy or girl. (Amnio test showed he was male). This is the smallest baby I've ever seen and everytime I looked at him I was dumbfounded. His head was probably the size of a small apple. But his hands and feet were formed and were moving. Eyes still fused shut. It's pretty amazing. He's doing OK so far. This is a picture of a 26 weeker to give you an idea.

4 comments:

Josie said...

Pretty Crazy Frankers, you get to see some interesting things there!

honeysuckle said...

Holy Crap! That is amazing. keep me posted on the little guys progress. thats got to be nerve racking for the mom and dad.

Lychee said...

Pretty tiny, what is his name?

Jinnie said...

His name is "Jai" I don't know how it is pronounced.